Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Egyptian Pyramid Project

Egyptian Pyramid Project

Assignment Goal:

With a partner, pretend you are Egyptian pharaohs and build a model of the pyramid that will serve as your tomb. Write a summary (two paragraphs of 5 or more sentences each). The first paragraph should explain what is inside of your pyramid. The second paragraph should explain how the pyramid and its features will serve you, the pharaohs, in the afterlife.

Due Date: December 17, 2010

Project Check-List:

- I built a pyramid out of any material I want, with four corners at the base, and one point on top.

-I wrote a description of what is inside of my pyramid (1st paragraph of summary)

-I explained how what is inside of my pyramid will serve me in the afterlife (2nd paragraph of summary)

-I prepared a presentation that explains my pyramid, and how it will serve me in the afterlife


§ I

Rubric

6.2.5 Students discuss the main features of Egyptian art and architecture.

5

4

3

2

1

Model (6.2.5)

Pyramid is 3-dimensional and includes a four-corner base, and one point at the top. Pyramid is well crafted, and resembles the real Great Pyramid at Giza.

Pyramid is 3-dimensional and includes a four corner base, and one point at the top. Pyramid is well crafted.

Pyramid includes a four-corner base, and one point at the top.

Pyramid may not be 3-dimensional and does not include a four corner base.

Student does not include a model.

Paragraphs (6.2.5)

Uses 5 or more specific pieces of evidence to explain how the pyramid serves the pharaoh in the afterlife.

Uses 4 specific pieces of evidence to explain how the pyramid serves the pharaoh in the afterlife.

Uses 3 pieces of evidence to explain how the pyramid serves the pharaoh in the afterlife.

Uses 2 pieces of evidence to explain how the pyramid serves the pharaoh in the afterlife.

Uses 1 piece of evidence or none to explain how the pyramid serves the pharaoh in the afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment